Revlon Colourstay Combination/Oily Foundation Review

I have been wanting to try this product out for a few years now, and I really do not know why it has actually taken me so long to try this out. Anyway, having combination skin can make it difficult to find the perfect base, and I know I said I loved the Maybelline foundation, but currently on my skin I have found this to be better.



Firstly the packaging for this foundation is great, and the pump makes it super easy to use and to get the perfect amount of product out.

The formula is more the liquid side, but I find this makes it very easy to apply and blend with my Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge, (which is literally the best for applying makeup).

'Buff' is a pale yellow, and is a perfect match for my face and neck. This is something I have struggled with for a few years now, so it's great to have finally found THE PERFECT match.

Once blended in I'm left with a smooth base that last well on my combination skin throughout the day. With other foundations I have found my nose to get oily after only a few hours, but with this it's significantly longer.

This may not be perfect, however by 5pm my face still has product on, only a part of my nose excepted. This is something I am very happy with. I usually use the Maybelline fit me translucent pressed powder to set my face at around 7:15am. I also never touch up my face throughout the day.

Overall I am very happy with this product, it is fully worth the £12.99 and I will for sure continue to use this.

before applying
after applying

Thank you so much for reading this post, I hope that I have helped you in some way. 

What's your favourite foundation?

If you would like to then follow me on Instagram (annieelizabethj) or Twitter (annieejenkins_) or Pinterest (www.pinterest.co.uk/annieejenkins/). I hope that you have a lovely day wherever in the world you are.
annie.

Comments

  1. this foundation sounds really good!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use Revlon coulourstay when I was younger and thought it was the best stuff EVER! Sadly my skin has changed as I've got older, it's much drier than it used to be and I just can't use it any more. I'm on the lookout for something with the same staying power but that doesn't dry my skin out so much If you know of anything, I'd love to hear about it! 😃 X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe Revlon do a colourstay foundation for dry skin, I have no idea what it's like (as I've never had dry skin myself), but it might be worth trying out. I also quite like the the Rimmel Match Perfection. I hope this has helped! It can be such a struggle to find the right product. X

      Delete

Post a Comment