Orange Drizzle Cake

I have made Lemon Drizzle cakes so many times that I have lost count, so I decided to change things up a bit and make an 'Orange Drizzle Cake'. I've never made one of these before so I had no idea what it would turn out like, but it is actually incredible, and I will definitely be making it again.

If you love all things sweet and orangey (I think I just made a new word), then this is for you. A crisp outer with a lovely soft centre. Seriously though I actually love this.

 


Start by pre-heating your oven to 180℃, and greasing a loaf tin or lining it with grease proof paper.

Ingredients:
170g Butter
170g Sugar
3 Eggs
170g Self-Raising Flour
Zest of 2 Oranges
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder

Juice of 2 Oranges
174g Icing Sugar

 

Start by mixing together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs, mixing until combined.

Next add the flour, orange zest, and baking powder, again stirring until everything has combined.

I then transferred the mixture to the tin and let it cook in the oven for half an hour. However, it actually ended up taking 45 minutes for a skewer to come out clean.

Once the cake has cooked I mixed the orange juice and icing sugar, also straining it through a sieve into a new bowl to get rid of all lumps.

At this point I took the cake out of its tin, placing it on a cooling rack over some kitchen roll. I then used the skewer to make holes in the cake, drizzling the juice/sugar mix over the top.

The last thing I did was enjoy my masterpiece. It may not look incredible but it sure does taste GREAT, and it is SO SIMPLE to make.



Thank you so much for reading this post, I have definitely enjoyed making it, and it really did not take long to make at all. Be sure to give me a follow if you would like to see more posts like this in the future, and feel free to leave any suggestions below.

If you would like to then follow on Instagram (annieelizabethj) or Twitter (annieejenkins_) or Pinterest (www.pinterest.co.uk/annieejenkins/). I hope that you are having a lovely Saturday!

annie. 

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness - that cake looks soooo tasty! I am always a fan of loaf cakes, so I will definitely be trying this out this summer when I actually have access to my own oven. Thanks for sharing! Your blog is super cute!
    -Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm loaf cakes are always great, and thank you so much! X

      Delete

Post a Comment