This is a Great Flapjack

Can someone place tell me how it is the weekend already? (I'm definitely not complaining though). I am finally getting around to making a new post, and today I decided that I felt like sharing these seriously amazing flapjacks that I made on Thursday.  

If you are into soft,sweet flapjacks that taste lovely while they are still warm and once they have cooled down, then these are for you. (They seriously are great)



The ingredients you will need to make this are:
185g butter
185g honey
185g sugar
360g oats
1tsp vanilla extract
2 pears- cut up into small pieces (mine were very soft)
1tsp mixed spice
100g white chocolate- chopped/broken up (dark chocolate would also be good but this was all I had, and it seemed to work really well)
100g white chocolate (optional for drizzling)


Preheat the oven to around 180℃ and line a square baking tin with grease proof paper.

Start by melting the butter in a pan, before adding the honey and sugar, gently heating until all of the sugar has dissolved.

Next add the rest of the ingredients and mix off the heat until everything has been combined. Transfer into the tin and use the wooden spoon to press it into place.

Cook it in the oven for 40 minutes, and once its came out it will not be fully solid so you have to leave it to set for a little bit.

The last step is to melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over the top, because it makes the flapjack taste extra delicious. You do not have to do this step but I decided to, because why not?




Thank you so much for reading this blog post, (I definitely enjoyed making it), and if you try this recipe do let me know how it turns out. Also, if you have any recipe idea for another post, leave them below.

If you would like to then follow on Instagram (annieelizabethj) or Twitter (annieejenkins_) or Pinterest (www.pinterest.co.uk/annieejenkins/). I hope that you have had a lovely Sunday!

annie. 

Comments