Christmas Cranberry & White Chocolate Shortbread

For my first blogmas baking post I decided that I would make some shortbread, an all time favourite of mine. I have used this particular recipe many times, and in fact it was one of the first posts I made on my first ever blog back in 2017. I decided to adapt the ingredients to include cranberry and white chocolate, which in my opinion is a lovely combination, perfect for the festive season.

These are the perfect mix of crisp and soft as well as sweet and fruity. With white chocolate drizzled over the top to add something a little extra. Another bonus of this recipe is how simple and quick it is to follow.





The ingredients you will need are:
250g plain flour
75g sugar
175g butter
75g cranberries
200g white chocolate chips

Start by pre-heating your oven to 180℃, and line a large tray with grease proof paper.

Next, mix together the flour and sugar, before working in the butter with your fingers, until a breadcrumb like consistency has been formed.

Add the cranberries and 75g of white chocolate chips, combining until a dough has been formed.

Roll out onto a floured surface, and cut into triangle shapes, I was able to make 15.



Cook in the oven for around 15-20 minutes, these took 20 in my fan oven.




While the shortbreads cool, melt the remaining chocolate chips in 20 second intervals, making sure to also stir while out of the microwave.




Drizzle the white chocolate over the shortbreads and enjoy!






Thank you so much for reading this post, If you try this recipe be sure to let me know how it turns out.

If you would like to then follow me on Instagram (annieelizabethj) or Twitter (annieejenkins_) or Pinterest (www.pinterest.co.uk/annieejenkins/). I hope that you have a lovely festive day.

annie.

Comments