Christmas Nails on a Budget

I decided to make this post when I was painting my nails one Sunday, a gorgeous red colour, (more about that later!) and I realised that there are five polishes, all at great prices, that I like to use when it comes around to Christmas. From burgundy to gold, if you're in need of some more affordable options this year then this post is for you.

When it comes to nails I definitely prefer the simplicity of picking one colour and applying it. I never wear fake nails, and I often smudge the nail polish when I wait for it to dry, (I'm getting better at not doing this though!). Complicated designs and nail art is just not my thing. If I had the patience then it probably would be. However, there really is nothing wrong with one colour all over, quick and simple, but can still achieve a very pretty outcome.



First is the red that gave me inspiration to create this, and that would be the Beauty UK royal red polish for only £5.Not only does this dry quickly and smoothly, but it really does have the perfect amount of sparkle. In a classic Christmas colour what more could you want?

One thing about me is that I absolutely love a good burgundy colour. A nice deep purple/red I find suits my skin tone very well. The New Look pure gel in 67 burgundy is one of my go-colours, as it really is gorgeous. The finish is smooth and shiny and this seems to last really well too.


Obviously I could not make this post without including a nude nail polish, which in my opinion is perfect all year round, whatever the season! The Barry M gelly nail paint in lychee is only £3.99, and it dries smooth and shiny. This is great for a natural wash of opaque colour

In previous posts I have mentioned the Kiko fast dry nail lacquers, and I will happily mention them here again. 137 is a perfect sparkly, wintry white. This my current absolute favourite polish, as these really do dry quick, and I love the shade this dries as. 167 is another go-to shade, as it is a lovely gold, perfectly smooth and well suited to the festive season. The best thing about these though, is that they are only £2.50 each, which is actually amazing, especially since the quality is so good!

Thank you for reading this post, I hope that you have enjoyed it and that it has helped you in some way, shape or form. Hopefully next time I make one on these posts my nail collection will have grown a bit!

What is your go-to nail colour during the festive season?

If you would like to then follow me on Instagram (annieelizabethj) or Twitter (annieejenkins_) or Pinterest (www.pinterest.co.uk/annieejenkins/). I hope that you have a lovely festive day.

annie.

Comments