May Favourites


This month seems to have flied by, with it now getting closer and closer to Summer. The sun has started to show itself again and iced coffee seems like the most desirable option. The trees are green, birds are chirping and for some reason fruit always looks perfectly appetising.

Today I thought that I would share my May Favourites as this is something that I have been trying to share more regularly on my blog. I always love reading these, as I find that they can give me so much inspiration for new products, songs, films and so much more.


My first favourite is the Burt's Bees Honey Lip balm, which I have been using CONSTANTLY for the past month. This has a gorgeous sweet smell and is super moisturising, leaving my lips soft all day long.

I have struggled to find the right products for my lips but now I feel I can honestly say that I am happy with their current condition, all thanks to this great product. I found this in Boots/Superdrug for £3.99, (I cannot remember which I bought it from though, haha typical).




 Next is the Garnier Papaya & Amla Hair food. Firstly I would just like to say that this really does smell as good as it sounds, if not better. What I personally love about this is that the smell stays on your hair, so you really can walk around smelling like you are on some tropical getaway in the Maldives, even if you are just with your Mum at Morrisons.

Another benefit of this is how soft it leaves your hair, especially when you let it air dry. This product can be used in three different ways, as a conditioner, as a mask, and as a leave-in on dry hair.

I have used this quite a few times now and so far I am really enjoying this product. It comes in a huge tub containing 390ml, so it will certainly last for a while, especially if like me you combine it in with a normal shampoo and conditioner.

Another hair favourite is a style that I have been wearing A LOT this year, and that is the half up-half down look. Whether I use a scrunchie or a small band, this really has become my go-to, as it is very quick and simple. Sometimes I will also use my Primark headband if I feel like adding a bit more.


With an infinite amount of spare time on my hands, I have been reading a lot of magazines, Vogue and Glamour specifically, and blog posts on Bloglovin'. As a blogger myself there really is nothing quite like interacting in the community and seeing what other bloggers are passionate about. This one particular blog that I have been enjoying over the past month is Career Girl Daily, as it really does make me feel inspired. An example of some of their posts that are my favourite is 'how to plan your day like...'. I could list many more bloggers on here but I really would be here all day.

My last favourite is an artist, whose music I have been following for a long while now, and that is Lana Del Rey. Ever since I saw that she was coming to Lattitude, (my local music festival) I have been listening to her music on repeat. I first discovered her back when Summertime Sadness became a huge hit, and can I just say that I am LOVING her new song. I may not be going to see her live, but Spotify is still just as good and I do not have to pay, a huge bonus.

Thank you so much for reading this post, I hope that you have enjoyed it. Feel free to leave any product or song recommendations below, as they may make an appearance in a future post.



If you would like to then follow on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitter, or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day!

annie. 





Comments