A Day in Brighton


On Saturday me and my family headed down from Norfolk to visit Brighton to check out the University. I had such a lovely time so I thought that I would share the trip with my blog. I wish I had taken some more pictures, but the day really did fly by and before I knew it it was Sunday and we were off the Cheltenham, which was amazing as well.

The day started in the early hours of the morning when we left home to embark on the 3 hour journey. Of course we stopped for a McDonald's breakfast, and I had a sausage and egg muffin, with a hash brown and a large cappuccino. I have never really had a McDonald's breakfast before but WOW, I can see why so many people love it so much.

Anyway, rave over, it was around mid morning when we arrived, a bit later than we anticipated but it was not much of an issue. Majority of the day was spent in the Photography talk, walking back and forth between the two Uni building's at the City campus, as well as vising the accommodation. I might talk a bit more about my Uni deciding journey in the future on my blog so I won't go into too much detail now. 

However, there was still time before the subject talk started so we had a little walk around, ending up in The Lanes, which I must say really were as good as I had expected. We very quickly found a shop that was selling DELICIOUS sausage rolls, with all kinds of flavours. I decided on a veggie option that had quinoa in it, with a spicy but sweet taste. I sadly cannot remember what it was called, but I am sure that if I ever end up in Brighton I will be able to find the shop again. Walking around The Lanes we found some very cute shops, and I just wish that there was more time for us to explore.

Once everything University related was over we had time to properly explore Brighton. First on the non-existent list was the Royal Pavilion, which was just down the road from the Uni. I have to say the architecture was BEAUTIFUL, and according to google it's Gothic, Chinese, and Indo-Saracenic so that is pretty cool. 

We then decided to check out the Brighton museum/gallery that was next to the Pavilion, and we were able to get in for free, which was very lucky! I had a great time looking around, and there was also an amazing photography exhibition going on, which had a range of incredible photographs of nature. There was all sorts inside, varying from furniture to clothing exhibits and a small model of a boat. This was much more unique than most museums that I had previously visited, and I probably would come here again if I had the chance. 

The next part of the evening/afternoon was spent a The Marina, having a little walk around, and it was a lot nicer than Lowestoft, the only other Marina I have ever seen. It was like a little village, with all the restaurants and even a dentist, I noticed. Dinner was a sweet chilli noodle salad from Asda, which actually did taste very good. We ate our dinner in our car which we parked at the top of the car park, with a great view of the beach.

Once again we decided to head back out and explore Brighton, walking along the beach from The Marina to Brighton. I tend to be a sandy beach lover, but there is just something about Brighton that makes it hard to not love the pebble filled beach. The Pier was something I was quite exited to see, and it did not disappoint. I will not lie, some of the gaps between the wooden planks are FAR TOO BIG, bit I still had a great time, and as you will see from the pictures below there was a lovely sunset. I was quite surprised at how many different attractions and cafe's had been packed onto the pier, as this was something that I was not really used to. The pier just seemed to on, and on, until we reached the rides. 

I liked that there was a constant buzz of energy in Brighton, which was totally different to any place I had been before. It may have been a Saturday, but still, there were always people everywhere, even when it was later into the evening. 

Brighton has been such a fun place to visit, and I am very glad that I did get to experience it, despite the hen and stag parties that were certainly not sleeping in the hostel we stayed at. Brighton is definitely worth visiting again, as I feel that to truly experience it a day is not enough. But considering, I still did have an amazing day. If you get the opportunity, Brighton is a lovely place to visit.
















Thank you so much for reading this post, there will hopefully be more like this to come as I visit more areas of the UK in search of the right University. Travel is a huge passion of mine, and probably a lot of other people as well, so I will try to make more of these blog posts when I visit Cardiff, Falmouth, and some other places.

If you would like to then follow on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitterBloglovin', or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day!

annie. 

Comments