I'll Give You the Sun: Jandy Nelson Review


Hello, I hope that you are having a good Friday! Not too long ago I finished reading this book, and I just had to share my thoughts here on my blog. It has certainly been a while since I posted a book review on here, but now the reviews are back, and I will try to share at least one a month. I have not been reading books too quickly recently like I usually would, but I somehow managed to read this in a week, so that alone is a good reason to check this book out.

Instead of trying to describe the plot I will just insert a picture of the description, but what I will say is that if you enjoy young adult fiction including love, art and so much more then this is the book for you.



I like the way that Jandy portrayed the relationship between Noah and Jude, (twins), at various ages throughout the novel as well as the way they constantly change and their perspectives towards the other characters. I liked that one chapter would be Noah age 13 and then the next might be Jude age 16. I found all the characters to be so unique and different, having little quirks that make them interesting.

I felt like I was really there with Noah and Jude, which goes to show just how amazing Jandy's writing is. It has been a while since I read The Sky is Everywhere, meaning that I had forgotten just how much I loved her writing style, and I am very glad that I found this book in the Norwich Honesty Library.

I like that the books gets straight into the action, without a whole load of context first, as this immediately drew me in, keeping me from putting the books down. I know that a lot of other books have this factor as well, but I just felt like sharing it. 

No spoilers of course, but this really does have a lovely ending and conclusion to the story of these two twins and the people close to them. I will 100% read this again, and love it just as much if not more. So to conclude this short post, I'll Give You the Sun is definitely worth adding to you TBR or bookshelf.

Thank you for reading this post, I hope that you have enjoyed it or it has helped you in some way. Also feel free to give me any other book recommendations, and if I have not already, then I will be sure to check them out. 


If you would like to then follow on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitterBloglovin', or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day!

annie. 

Comments