Organising My Beauty Shelf


I don't often organise my bedroom, mainly because I always have things lying around that I use. However saying this, it really was time to properly sort out my beauty organisation. I decided that it was time I (FINALLY) clear the shelf that I keep all of my hair, makeup, and beauty products on. As you will see in the before picture below, it was very messy before I completely cleared it.

As a blogger I love all things beauty, and I am certain that my collection will grow even more, and I will have to clear this shelf again. But until that day I am happy with how my collection looks, and I decided that I would share a few tips here on my blog.


So here is the dreaded before picture, and as you can see the organisation is just not working. IT'S A MESS. Everything is just one big jumble. I would also just like to add that I have now cleared the entire shelf, so that the books/dvd's you can see in this picture look a lot neater.

Now that I have shown the before and after, I will share how I actually achieved this. There are not really many steps as this is quite a simple process. You just have to actually start, and from then onward all is good.

The first step is to obviously pull everything from the shelf, throwing away anything that needs to be, removing excess powder that has somehow found it's way onto other products. At this stage you could also wash your makeup brushes if you are feeling super productive.

What I would advise is to think about what you actually use and what you would like to start using more often. You do not need to throw things away if they can be stored elsewhere and will become useful at some point. Like with my hairbrushes, with I realised could be stored away in my wardrobe with my straightener and curler, I transferred a few makeup items to a small makeup bag in my drawers.

When I took all of my makeup off I set it into piles, from most used, to empty/never use. My collection is very small so I'm lucky that it did not take too long at all to find the most practical place for products.

Another little tip I have is to put the taller bottles, palettes, and lipsticks at the back so that everything can be seen more clearly without any obstructions, like the bottles in my before picture.

Overall, it is all about thinking about what you use and love, how often you use it, will it ever be useful, and what do you actually enjoy/like? Then you decide where the most effective (and aesthetically pleasing, of course) place for the item is.

I hope that you have enjoyed reading this short blog post, and that it has helped you to feel more inspired to organise your beauty shelf, box, draw, drawers, or wherever you keep things. Also feel free to leave any extra tips below! I'll be back on Friday for a new post.

If you would like to then follow on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitterBloglovin', or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day!

annie. 

Comments