My Summer 2019 Highlights


Summer 2019 has been long, but it was also good. As August comes to a close I decided that now would be the perfect time to share some of the memories here on my blog. I often talk about beauty but I would love to start talking more about the things I get up to, and what better time than when August is coming to an end.




For me Summer began in mid May when I finished with Sixth Form College. Around this time I looked at two different Universities, but the one that has really stood out to me was later on, in July. Me and my family went to Cardiff to visit the Uni of South Wales for their Interior design course, and this has definitely been a Summer highlight. I absolutely loved both Cardiff and the course, it all sounded so perfect. We also stayed overnight so that the next day we were able to take a proper look around Cardiff Bay, which was quite fun! So who knows, maybe this time next year I will be preparing to move over to Cardiff for Uni...

My next highlight would have to be dancing at Norwich Pride on a stage. Despite the not so great weather, this was so much fun. I love dance a lot, and what better place to dance than when you're surrounded by colour?


Around a week before we headed off on our holiday, we decided it would be a great idea to go for a swim in the North Sea at Lowestoft, in the evening, without wetsuits, and during a light drizzle. It may not sound very nice at all, in fact I am sure many people would avoid this. However there really is something nice about swimming at a usually busy beach when it is completely empty. I may just be obsessed with the ocean, but whatever, I had a great time.


The top highlight would have to be turning 18 and going on holiday to Wales. The 12 hour journey down in the pouring rain on my birthday may not have been ideal, however it was more than worth it. We spent majority of the holiday surfing, and I eventually managed to start standing up. It was all so much fun, and for Wales the weather was surprisingly good! I could write a whole other post on this, but for now I will keep it short. Overall it was 10 days of surfing as much as it was physically possible to, drinking cider, eating tinned peas, jumping into an ice cold pool, and going out for some walks. I had such a great time and I definitely look forward to my next holiday at this beautiful part of the UK!

So that was my Summer, I hope that you have enjoyed this post, and feel free to leave below what your favourite memory of Summer is! I will not lie though, I am definitely looking forward to Pumpkin Spice Latte season, and watching all of the horror films I can, as well as adding cinnamon to everything...


If you would like to then follow me on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitterBloglovin', or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day!

annie. 


Comments