Setting Goals and Creating Habits - 21 Day Morning Challenge


When I first found out about this 21 Day Morning Challenge I knew that it would be something that would be worth my time. It takes 21 days to start a new habit so I decided what better time than now to set some goals and commit to them. I always love starting something new, both the excitement and the challenge.

From today (Sunday 11th August) until Saturday 31st August me and some other bloggers will be taking part in this challenge, to set ourselves some new goals that will hopefully transform into habits.

If you would like a better insight into what the challenge is all about then read @realnelleblog's post here: https://realnelle.wordpress.com/2019/08/01/21daymorningchallenge/

At first I had no idea what I wanted to become a part of my daily routine. However, after some thinking, many ideas, and a bit of list-creating in my notebook, I have managed to come up with 5 goals that will hopefully become habits.

When I was setting these goals I wanted to think mainly about my content and where I wish to take it. I also knew that I wanted to get back into running, since I was previously doing the Couch To 5k which I seemed to drift out of.

Running

My first goal is to get back into running on a regular basis. I really enjoy running, and it is one of my favourite sports, so it makes perfect sense for this to be a goal. The idea of going for a run might not always seem great, (especially if the weather is not so nice), but once you're out there it can be a lot of fun. I will not be following any specific program/app like previously but instead just doing whatever I feel like. For example a 20 minutes out - 20 minutes back run instead of just walk run walk run etc.

I am glad that this is one of my goals, and it will be more fun when I'm on holiday in Wales next week. Running next to the sea and hills is definitely something to look forward to. The app I previously used suggested running 3 times a week so I will be following this, but I may also end up running more often.

Start Creating/Sharing More Video Content

I always find myself watching more videos than reading blog posts, whatever the social media platform may be. Even when I may just be sharing short Instagram stories I still enjoy the content more. I have previously tried to get some interesting video content, however the result was not quite what I wished it to be.

I just find that there is something more exciting when it comes to video content, and more so recently I have been thinking 'what if I were to create more video content?'

At the end of the day, if this is where I find myself more drawn to, then I will for sure pursue this when planning my future content. This is definitely one of the more interesting and 'bigger' goals on my list, and I am quite intrigued to see how it goes over the 21 days.

Post More on Instagram Stories

Following on from my last goal, I would like to share more about my day-to-day life on my instagram stories. I have been really enjoying this as a platform at the moment, so for the 21 day morning challenge I will definitely be thinking about the content that I share on my story. What I also like about instagram stories is the way you are able to engage with polls and questions, so this is for sure something that I would like to have a go at.

This may not seem like a proper goal to have but it will hopefully help me to expand and develop my current content.

Engage and Comment on Social Media 

As a blogger, I feel like this is a goal that I always try to set myself, and always ends up being very sporadic and not regular. I always like content, but often either forget to comment or just continue to scroll without thinking too much about it.

For the challenge I will be hoping to comment and engage in around 5 posts each day, whether it's discovering a new blogger, engaging in a twitter blog thread, or even just answering someone's 'question of the day'. This is definitely something that I need to spend more of my time on, this challenge being the perfect opportunity to create the habit.

It really is super important in any aspect of blogging/content creating to show that you appreciate/enjoy what someone else has spent their time and effort on. After all, you would wish the same back from people viewing your content. It can also be a lot of fun to discover new content creators that you had not previously know of. I also find this to be a great source of inspiration, not to copy, but more about adapting and developing your own ideas.


Plan Better Quality Content in Advance

As a blogger I feel that I am constantly setting this as a goal for myself. I know that some bloggers plan their content months in advance, but that is something that I have never been too good at. What if I change my mind? (which will most likely happen). 

So as a result of this my final goal for the 21 Day Morning Challenge is to get down a few content ideas for the upcoming season as August draws to a close. Even if it is just one idea every day, writing down a few notes on what to include, as well as thinking about what day/s best suit me to upload on.

When it comes to blogging I like to be fairly organised, so it will be interesting to see how this develops into a habit, and whether my organisation/planning skills will improve as a result.

So they are the five goals that I have set myself for the next 21 days. I am definitely excited to see how these develop into habits over time, as well as reviewing how my content quality improves. I will also be keeping track of how the challenge is going in my notebook so that I can do an overall review at the end of the 21 days.


Thank you for reading this post, I hope that you have found it helpful/inspiring and have enjoyed it. I would definitely check out the other bloggers that are taking part via the link to @realnelleblog's post near the top of this post.

If you would like to then follow me on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitterBloglovin', or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day or evening!

annie. 

Comments