Simple Snickerdoodle Cookies


Who does not love the sweet and soft cinnamon taste of snickerdoodle cookies? Rolled in cinnamon and sugar, this simple recipe is perfect for all year round. Each time I bake a batch of these they always end up tasting just as delicious as the last time, which is one of the many reasons I love these so much. I just knew that I had to share these with my blog.

With an almost cake-like consistency you may want to be aware that this contains A LOT of disappearing agent!



Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
4oz butter
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 3/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

For the coating:
1/4 cup of sugar
3 tbsp cinnamon



Start by preheating the oven to 180℃, then line a tray with greasproof paper.

Then you can begin by mixing together the butter and sugar until smooth, before adding the almond milk and vanilla.

Once these ingredients have been combined you can add the rest of the dry ingredients, corn flour, baking powder, and flour.

Next, create the cinnamon sugar mix by combining them in a bowl.

To create even ball-like shapes I used a spoon, rolling them in the cinnamon sugar mix before placing on the tray. Make sure that they are spaced apart well, and if you wish to create flatter cookies than I have, then you can press them down a bit flatter. I just left mine as spheres.

In the oven the cookies should take around 15-20 minutes, but they may take around 25 minutes like mine did.

Once out of the oven leave the cookies to cool for a bit before enjoying their soft, sweet, and spicy taste.





Thank you for reading this post, I hope that you have enjoyed it. I will definitely be experimenting a bit with this recipe to see what other flavours I can create.

What is your favourite cookie flavour?

If you would like to then follow on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitter, or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day!

annie. 

Comments