Updated Skincare Routine


This is currently what my skin looks like, and I am actually quite happy with it! Also please ignore the varying colours of blonde in my hair, hmm.

For a while now my oily/combination/teenage skin has not been so great. My nose has been getting super oily after a short period of time, with my skin constantly breaking out.

It was after I watched a youtube video that I realised what I was doing wrong. The lack of moisture was affecting my skin, as well as all the complicated face washes for spot prone skin that I had tried out. I have decided to take my routine back to the basics, a moisturiser, face wash, micellar water, eye makeup remover, and a cleanser.

It has not been long since I have brought my routine back to the basics but so far my skin has been good. In around a month's time I will be sure to update my blog though reviewing the products in more detail.

I would also just like to mention that all of these products are suitable for all skin types, especially including sensitive. As well as this they are all affordable, being widely available at Boots, and some of them from Superdrug.


I will start off by moisturising my face in the morning using the Boots Expert Skincare Day Cream, which I have found to leave my skin feeling smooth and soft throughout the day. As I am writing this post now it has been around three of four hours and my skin still feels in incredible.

Now that I have started I cannot imagine not moisturising. I really believe that this is something that everyone should do, no matter your skin type. If you would have asked me what my thoughts on moisturiser were a month ago I'd have probably looked at you with a blank expression my mouth open like a fish, shocked by the mere thought of a product that would add moisture to my oily skin. As you can probably guess now, things are a little different.

Throughout the day I will also top up my lips with the Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm, to ensure that they stay just as hydrated as my skin.

The Boots Expert Skincare Face Wash has been my current go-to, working along with the moisturiser to help with leaving my skin feel fresh. To massage this into my skin and wash it off I have been using a super soft baby sponge that I found in Poundland, for the super great price of £1 (obviously).


When it gets to the evening and time to remove the day's makeup I will use the Micellar Water from the Expert Skincare range, before then going in with the Garnier Eye Make-up Remover. So far the combination of these two makeup products has been working really well to ensure that every last bit of mascara and highlight leaves no traces on my skin.

If I have not yet already that day, I will then have a shower, using the face wash.


The last step in my routine, after removing my makeup, (and showering) in the evening is to use the Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion, which I have found to be just like a moisturiser. This does also work very well to remove any last traces of makeup, if there are any.

I know that I probably use all of these in the complete wrong order, but my skin has been feeling great recently. I am by no means an expert on the skincare topic, but having combination skin can be difficult, and I have seen a small difference in the short space of time that I have started using these.

Thank you so much for reading this post, I hope you have enjoyed it and that it has helped you in some way. If you have any extra tips or products that you think people should be using then feel free to leave them below. 

If you would like to then follow me on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitter, or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day!

annie. 



Comments