30 things to do on a rainy autumn day


It's a cold day in October. The rain is falling past the orange leaves, and the sky is clouded in a grey haze. You sit looking out of the window with a coffee in your hands, thinking what on earth am I going to do today?

On a rainy day like this, there are two different options that I tend to go for. One is doing absolutely nothing, endlessly scrolling through social media and maybe watching some YouTube. Not very productive in any way at all. The second option however, is to do any of the ideas that I am about to suggest. When you really think about it, there are many different ways to spend time when the weather is not so great.

If you have found yourself in a similar situation then I hope that today's post can shed a little light on some of the things you could do on a gloomy, drizzly day.

  1. Go outside and enjoy the rain! Put on those boots and that coat and just have fun (I just had to include this...)
  2. Watch the rain from inside a cafe with a coffee (Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks OF COURSE) in your hands
  3. Browse music/DVD/book shops
  4. Go and see a movie at the cinema
  5. Buy some new scented candles/home decor
  6. Visit an art gallery or museum
  7. Play with your Cat (mine loves catnip!) or Dog - if you have a pet
  8. Have a movie marathon
  9. Have a TV series marathon
  10. Bake something (pumpkin/apple pie = autumn perfection!)
  11. Read a book
  12. Paint/draw/ be creative (I love using my art journal/sketchbook)
  13. Make or discover a new Spotify playlist
  14. Create a blog...
  15. ...or plan upcoming posts & content if you already have one
  16. Re-arrange & organise your bedroom (I used to love doing this all the time!)
  17. Put on a face mask & paint your nails
  18. Go through old magazines and create a moodboard
  19. Drink coffee/hot chocolate by a warm fire
  20. Play card games - there are so many to choose from!
  21. Have a go at writing a short story!
  22. Play or learn an instrument if you have one
  23. Do School/College/Uni work - as bad as it sounds it has to get done at some point...
  24. Do some online shopping (or browsing if like me you have no money haha!)
  25. Follow a YouTube tutorial (it could be anything...)
  26. Get lost on Pinterest... that place seriously is like a black hole... but full of cute pictures & inspiration
  27. Learn a word or phrase from a new language - or the language itself if you're feeling brave!
  28. Listen to all of the old music you used to love... this is one of my favourites, once you're in that's it, there really is no escape
  29. Look into conspiracy theories!! (You could EASILY spend a whole day on this...)
  30. Open Netflix/ BBC iplayer/ITV hub/All 4 and just watch something random that you have never seen before



So that was it, 30 things that to do on a rainy autumn day. I hope that you have enjoyed this, and that I have been able to give you a bit of inspiration! I know that I am certainly feeling inspired after that...

If you like then you can subscribe by email to get notified every time I post. You can also check out all my social media accounts, which I have linked below, for all things beauty, books, baking, food, hair and lifestyle.

Which of these will you be trying? 

Comments