Setting Goals For December




With this past week feeling like one of the most busy that I have had recently, I decided that it would be a great opportunity to get back into blogging this weekend. I usually have Thursday off, but I just could not miss the Norwich Christmas light switch on, (which I have shared on my Instagram), and I did have a great time. Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year!

With my College work now handed in, and a later wake up on Monday, today has been one of those un-productive, lazy days that seems to fly by like a car on the motorway.

To combat this I have decided to set myself some goals for December, with is rapidly approaching...(WHO ELSE IS SUPER EXCITED?)

when the leaves have fallen we know that the most wonderful time of the year is just around the corner...
Read a Chapter of a Book Each Day

Thanks to my College hours I have found myself doing a lot of hanging around while I wait for either winter canoe training in the evening or just to be picked up. Over the past few weeks I have been pretty lazy about this free time, using it as a chance to binge watch Peaky Blinders, which do not get me wrong, is an incredible use of time.

However, because of this I have spent less time reading, which is something that I actually do really enjoy, getting lost in a good book on a chilly Autumn day. 

That is why for December I am going to read one chapter (at the least) of a book everyday. I would love to get back to the point where I am getting through books in one to two weeks, instead of spending a month on a book.

I will definitely keep you updated on my instagram stories...

Share New Content Once Every Week

Not being at home for most of the day is definitely something that has made it difficult for me to share as regularly as I do during Summer. It would be perfect if I could take my laptop with me, but unfortunately it weighs a tonne and has a very bulky lead! 

For this reason I need to be more effective with the free time that I have, using Thursday and the weekend to get a couple of posts planned and at least one of them uploaded.

I have no issues coming up with the posts, so it's mainly the content itself that takes time. Being a lover and student of photography I always want images that I am happy with, so that as well as the written content takes up quite a chunk of a day.

In the end it is always worth it, as I do really enjoy blogging and putting together a post, as well as the completion.

Just a little addition to this goal would be to start up my YouTube, which I keep saying will happen, but it still has not since my Summer Vlog. 

Prepare Lunch & Breakfast For College The Night Before

This is something that I have noticed over the last week I really have been lazy about. If you watch my Instagram stories, then I am sure you will have noticed that I bought lunch pretty much every day. 

This is crazy because I love to cook food, and things like couscous & falafels are really simple to make. Additionally how long does it take to put overnight oats in the fridge? Five minutes at the most. 

Create Art Once a Week

After my failed attempt at InkTober (drawing every day of October), I have decided that it is time to really start creating more art. I can barely remember the last time I picked up a paint brush and used my art journal!

This is also an essential goal for me as it's coming to that time of year where I have to start thinking about my portfolio for University interviews. It is my dream to become an interior designer and I need to start really working towards it.

I feel like once a week is a realistic goal, and if I want I can always up the goal to twice or three times!

Work on my Canoeing Technique/Ability

Since around Summer time I have been getting more serious about canoeing, wanting to compete in races and really work on my technique.

It has been around three weeks since I've been in a boat on my own (K1), so that is something that for sure needs to happen soon!

I also recently discovered that my left side tends to be weaker when I am pulling, and I am hoping to use free time around College to get on a paddle machine and balance it out. 

Overall I just want to work on my technique and ability ready for when the racing season kicks off again in the new year. I have already had a look and I am considering doing Waterside A in a K2 with my Dad, a 13.5 mile race from Great Bedwyn to Newbury, with 21 Portages (get out and carry the boat). It would definitely be challenging, but it would be such an enjoyable and worth it experience!

Thank you for reading this blog post! I hope that I have inspired you to create some goals of your own for December, and feel free to leave them below, as well as your progress with them...

If you like then you can subscribe by email to get notified first every time I share a new post. You can also check out all my social media accounts, which I have linked below, for all things beauty, baking, books, food, hair, and lifestyle.

feel free to save this on Pinterest...

Comments