How To Organise & Manage Your Time When It Goes Quickly


Where has the month of January gone? One day it was new years eve, and now two weeks seem to have flown by. Previously it has felt like January would never end, yet here I am wishing it was longer.

I have been meaning to write blog posts at least once a week, but I must have been so caught up with college work, that I just did not realise how little time there is left of this month, (two weeks until february!) However, it is a new decade so I am certain that starting my 'blog every week' goal a little late should not matter, right?

With all that being said, I thought that I would help out everyone who feels like time is flying by. I feel confident in saying that I am good at being organised, I just have to listen to my own advice, actually following what I say in these posts... haha!

Whether you have university interviews coming up, exams at school, coursework, or just work, then I hope that this post will help you to feel more organised with your time, and ready to have the best 2020.



  1. Have some form on calendar - This is an essential, especially so that you can keep track of important dates & specific times
  2. Write daily to-do lists - Include everything you ideally need to get done that day. Even if the list looks unrealistic, remember you can always complete the task the next day. You could also set time frames for each task
  3. SET PRIORITIES - Get the tasks you would usually procrastinate done. As soon as the task is complete its another tick on the list
  4. Set time aside to do something you love - This will help you to feel more motivated to get extra tasks done throughout the day
  5. ALWAYS plan to be early - Whether it's travel or deadlines, little steps like this make a huge difference
  6. Remove distractions - Social media can wait. Also know that sometimes music can be great, and other times it can be too distracting, before you know it you're singing along to party anthems. I would recommend any Spotify playlist with 'chill' or 'lo-fi' in the title if you like to work with some noise.
  7. Multi-tasking never works - Doing too much at once may actually cause more damage, and make you feel considerably less productive
  8. GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK - Do not work/study all day long, over-working is just as bad as under-working yourself. When you get home from college, school, or work listen to some music, read a book, watch a film/series, bake something. Like I mentioned in step 4, set aside time to do something you love.

save this post on Pinterest...


I hope that you have found this to be a useful blog post with some helpful advice & tips. Let me know if you have learned anything new, and also feel free to tell me something new I might have missed! 

Time does not always have to fly past like an airplane, if you are organised and learn how to manage time well then it can feel like you have the whole universe in your hands.

If you like then you can subscribe by email to get notified every time I share a new post. You can also check out all my social media accounts, which I have linked below, for all things, fashion, beauty, food, and lifestyle.

until next time,

annie.

Comments