How To Bring Reading Into Your Daily Routine



Read One Of Your Old Favourites OR Pick Up Something Completely New

My first piece of advice is to take a step back and think about what you are reading. Have you been leaning towards one particular genre? If this could be so then why not change it up a bit! I have re-read my young adult fiction books so many times that it can be refreshing to pick up a non-fiction book, such as 'feminists don't wear pink and other stories'. I have certainly noticed that when I do add a bit of variety to my 'To Be Read' list it keeps things exciting and I find myself taking less time to get through the titles.

Find The Right Time

Everyone is different, and I know in my case that it changes daily when I want to read, but most often I find myself reaching for a book in the afternoon when I've finished my college work and have the time to chill.

Listen To Indie/LO-FI Music Without Lyrics

I have found that this step helps a lot to ensure that you don't get distracted, while also providing background noise to keep you focused. 

Watch & Read Book Reviews To Inspire You

If you feel stuck in a book rut then the best way to escape is to get a bit of inspiration. There have been many times that I have had no idea what I feel like reading, then I see what others are reading and I instantly want to pick up something. I have found particular inspiration from many instagram stories, as well as the zoella book club, and YouTube reviews. I also know that there a many challenges to do with reading, where there will be a prompt for each reading slot. I myself have never done one of these but they definitely sound like a great idea

Grab Your Favourite Drink & A Snack.

The more cosy and pinterest-worthy the more motivated I find myself to read, and that's a fact.


I hope that this has been a helpful blog post, especially to anyone who feels they need to do a bit more reading. Feel free to leave a comment down below and save this url to pinterest. If you like then you can subscribe by email to get notified every time I share a new post. You can also check out all my social media accounts which I have linked below, for all things lifestyle, beauty, baking, fashion, and an insight into my daily life.



Comments