Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Review

Today I want to talk about a recent purchase of mine. At the beginning of this month I bought a new foundation, and I have been wearing it almost every day since.

As a lover of the well-hyped Maybelline Lash Sensational I was looking forward to trying one of their other products. I can safely say I have not been disappointed. So far the Dream Satin Liquid has lived up to my expectations.


For the great price of £7.99 you get a nice simple design that comes with a pump. For me two pumps is the perfect amount. I got this in the colour 02 fair beige, which is a pale yellow tone. Surprisingly, this is a perfect match to my skin. For the first time ever I have found a foundation that blends into my neck, does not look pink, and is pale enough. If you have the same struggle as me then maybe check this out.

However if you have darker skin, Maybelline does have a good range of shades, so you will probably be able to find the right colour. I matched mine to my neck, as I like everything to look well blended.


So, to apply this I used the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (£5.99), which is still a solid favourite of mine. I find that this gives me a more flawless look without brush strokes, (I think we can all agree that it's super annoying when this happens.)

Taken around 7pm


Once blended I am left with a smooth, soft base that lasts well. Today I applied this at around 7:20am and it was still on my face at 7pm. The label says this lasts for 12 hours, and shockingly it does a pretty good job at this, especially compared to previous products that I have tried. Obviously my nose got a bit shiny, but that is bound to happen when it's around twenty degrees and the sun is out. Apart from my nose, the rest of my face seems to have done pretty well.

So to finish off, this is an excellent foundation, and I was surprised at how well it worked on my combination skin. I have been testing this for just over two weeks now, and I definitely intend to keep wearing it.

Thank you so much for reading this post, I hope that you have enjoyed or it has helped you in some way. You can check out the foundation on Boots HERE.

Do you have a favourite foundation?

annie.

Comments