The Best Chocolate Orange Brownie

If you scroll through my blog for even a very short amount of time it is clear to see that I do really enjoy a good bit of baking. I was on Pinterest the other week and I found this amazing recipe by Jane's Patisserie, and I just has to check it out!

After scrolling through the pictures and reading the method, I decided that this would be perfect to try out for a blog post. It's safe to say that I am nowhere near disappointed, these really are the BEST brownies I have EVER made!






As you can see these brownies have a super fudgy texture. They also have a gorgeous tangy orange undertone, with the perfect combination of sweetness balanced with the rich flavour. These are the perfect treat to make for Christmas.

Ingredients:
195g Butter
195g Dark Chocolate, chopped ip
3 Large Eggs
275g Caster Sugar
90g Plain Flour
35g Cocoa Powder
Zest of 1 Large Orange
2 157g Terry’s Chocolate Oranges


9" Square Tin
Oven preheated to 180℃


Start by melting the dark chocolate and butter in a pan, over a low heat until fully combined like in the picture, then allow to cool down while moving onto the next step.








Whisk the eggs and sugar together until a light colour has been achieved. If like me you're doing this by hand then just realise that it may take quite a bit of time.










While I was waiting for the chocolate to cool a bit more I broke the chocolate orange into smaller pieces as shown.

Once the chocolate and butter mix had reached closer to room temperate I folded it into the sugar-egg mixture, being careful to keep the air in the mixture.


 
I then sifted the cocoa powder and flour into the mixture, as well as adding the orange zest, again folding in to keep the air.

Lastly, I folded in the chocolate orange before transferring into the tin, baking for around 30 minutes in the oven.














I made sure to let these cool for a long while before cutting into them and enjoying a delicious slice.





Thank you so much for reading this post, it certainly was very fun to make. With there being less than two weeks until Christmas I though that now would be the perfect time to share this. I absolutely LOVE this recipe and will for sure try more of Jane's Patisserie recipes in the future.

Do you like Chocolate Orange?

If you would like to then follow me on Instagram (annieelizabethj) or Twitter (annieejenkins_) or Pinterest (www.pinterest.co.uk/annieejenkins/). I hope that you have a lovely festive day.

annie.

Comments