Winter Essentials

Today's post is going to be a bit different, but its something that I got the idea to do while trying to plan out my posts for the month. During this time of the year I find myself reaching for the same items and products, so I thought that it would be a good idea to collect all of those in a blog post. Despite the cold, Winter is one of my favourite seasons, and I feel there are a few things that make the season even more cosy, and festive when its Christmas.

I might make another one of these at the start of each new season, as I have really enjoyed coming up with these and collecting them together. I think that it would be fun just because each season is so different, and I definitely find myself reaching for different things at different times of the year. I also feel a lot more ready for Christmas, despite this post not linking to Christmas directly. If you like the cosy, warm vibes of Winter then this post is for you!

The first item on my list is a good scarf. Living in the UK, it can get very cold, so a nice warm, oversized scarf is just what I need. Mine is from Primark, and I love it so much. I wear it practically everyday, and I cannot imagine going through Winter without it.

For my dry lips, even more so in Winter, lip balm, is a huge essential that I really could not live without. My current balms of choice are the glossier rose balm dot com and the Burt's Bees pink grapefruit, which, can I just say smells incredible.

A face mask is a more recent addition this year, but again is something I find is really helping. You can check out my review of the Botanical Lab Turmeric Clay Mask if you need a recommendation for combination, teenage skin.

Next up is films and TV, which I am sure everyone loves a bit of ALL YEAR AROUND, I know that I do. My current favourite series' are, The Vampire Diaries, (I'm on season two and I'm obsessed!), Pretty Little Liars, (which I have watched countless times and will continue to), Gilmore Girls, (another new addition to my list), Gossip Girl, Stranger Things, and Peaky Blinders, (which I am sure a lot of people have heard of before).

In terms of films, there's nothing like a good Disney classic, Beauty and The Beast is one of my favourites, but I do also love Tangled for a nice cosy watch. However, Cex is a great place to discover new films for a very cheap price. Recently me and my family have watched some really ones, one of which was Water for Elephants. I could talk about films in a whole other post so I will not go on any more, haha!


Leading nicely onto Spotify, which is again an obsession of mine all year round. Who doesn't love music? Spotify really does have something for everyone so I feel like I don't need to sat much more. My playists have a huge variety of music, ranging from Post Malone and Ariana Grande, to Red Hot Chilli Peppers and The Magic Gang. I will happily listen to all different genres, which can be great, but also annoying as it's always a struggle trying to choose a song!


Moving back to beauty, specifically lips. Red and nude are my two must have colours for this season, as they really are easy to wear and fail proof. My drugstore nude of choice is the Natural Collection lipstick in Fig Leaf, an affordable and moisturising, easy to apply choice. My high end lipstick is MAC velvet teddy, which I am sure every beauty obsessed human has heard of, and most likely loves just as much as me. For red I have been loving The Body Shop's colour crush in 125, which has a gorgeous, slight berry, sparkly undertone. It also smells ready good, (a huge bonus right?)


Much like my lips, my hands find themselves to be in need of cream at this cold time of year. My favourite hand cream's of all time are the Zoella beauty ones. I've currently been using the winter wonder hand cream from last year and it is still amazingly good. I will definitely have to check out Zoe's one for this years's collection, as I do really love a good hand cream.



Lastly, a blanket or throw to go over my duvet is something that I have been really loving, as it does make a huge difference.I bought mine from Primark back at the start of September from Primark, and I am so glad that I did. You can also see that not only do I love it but my cat Coco is really obsessed with it! So if you have any pets then I am sure they will be highly grateful with your purchase.

Thank you for reading this post, I hope that you have enjoyed it and that it has helped you in some way, shape or form. I have really liked making this and I will be sure to do another when Spring comes around, (it's basically Christmas so I am sure it will come around a lot quicker than I expect).

Do you have an essential thing you could not live without during Winter?

If you would like to then follow me on Instagram (annieelizabethj) or Twitter (annieejenkins_) or Pinterest (www.pinterest.co.uk/annieejenkins/). I hope that you have a lovely festive day.

annie.

Comments