How I'm Keeping My Bleached Hair Healthy


Happy Friday, it's almost the weekend! Tomorrow, (well technically later today when I am posting this), I will be down in Brighton, and then on Sunday I will be in Cheltenham, for the University open days. I am really looking forward to visiting both places and finding out more about the Uni's, as I have never been to either of these places before, and Brighton has been on my bucket list to visit for a very long time. I then get to go back down to Brighton the following Saturday to visit another campus, so I am really looking forward to that as well. Overall it's going to be a good weekend.

So since bleaching my hair, again, I have been really working on keeping it in good condition. As you can probably guess bleach is very damaging, but I have been doing what I can to keep it soft and healthy. Obviously we all have bad hair days, but I have started to reduce these to mostly good days. For reference my hair naturally is curly, and depending on what products I use and the way it dries, it is now mostly wavy, which I actually quite like, as it is easier to work with.

I do need to re-bleach my hair sometime, as you will notice, so please ignore the super dark roots, and I also need to tone my hair, as it is a bit yellow. I am also planning to cut my hair shorter soon as well, so it might have made more sense to save this post a bit longer, but I just felt really inspired to share this. HAHA, welcome to blogging!

Garnier mask used on the previous night, only rinsed with water on this day

Lush Masks
So a while ago when me and my Mum were in Norwich we decided to head into lush to look at the hair section, and I am very glad that we did. The very kind lady who helped us ended up giving me some samples to try out, which was amazing of her. They all smell delicious and luckily I still have some products left to try. I would say that this was the starting point in trying to get my hair in a better condition.

Garnier Repairing Hair Food
I mentioned this in my May Favourites, and I will mention it again. Not only does this smell like literal heaven, but I applied all over my hair in the shower earlier this week, leaving it on for a while before rinsing it out, and WOW my hair felt incredible.

Pantene Superfood Shampoo & Conditioner
It's all very well going out and feeling liker you need to spend £££ on the perfect shampoo and conditioner, but for a fraction of the price these are a great option. After using these my hair is always very soft and it smells super sweet for a very long while after, which is what everyone loves right?

Loreal Elvive Purple Shampoo
Not only is this another great budget product, but it is by far the best purple shampoo I have ever tried. I can always see such a difference when I use this, so much so that I have to be careful I don't end up purple. I've tried the touch of silver shampoo's many times before, but never have I seen an instant change like with this. I also find that my hair is not super dry after using this, and I really like the way it smells. I have not used this in around a week and you can see from the above picture that my hair is not extremely yellow like you may have seen a bleach creates. For reference, below is a picture of my hair from back in March when it was white, which is the colour I love the most on me!


Drying & Styling
I am a huge fan of straightening and curling and drying my hair, but I know just how bad all these can be, especially on that is already pretty damaged. For this reason I have been letting my hair dry naturally, and I have been limiting my heat use drastically, saving it for only the occasional very bad hair day. Instead of using heat, if I want less curly looking hair I will brush it when it is still slightly damp, leaving it straighter, (but still wavy), as it dries. On the other hand I will plait my hair or twist it when I want a more wavy look. I know that sometime the temptation will kick in and I will use heat, but for now I'm trying to keep it as natural as possible.

Water
I won't lie, I do drink quite a bit of coffee, but I have also been trying to drink more water as I know that it is meant to be really good for your hair, (as well as your skin, huge bonus!).

Washing hair
I know that there are a lot of people who wash their hair everyday, in fact I myself am guilty of this. However, I have seen a difference since I stopped doing this, instead just rinsing my hair with water without the shampoo and conditioner. When I feel like it really does need a bit of life, I will instead just use my Batiste Dry Shampoo, (the tropical one smells incredible!).


Thank you for reading this post, I am actually quite happy with how it has turned out! I really have seen a difference since updating my routine, and my hair has been growing quicker than when it was SUPER damaged from heat and colours of various dyes. I hope that this post has helped you in some way or you have just enjoyed reading it. Feel free to leave any hair tips I may have missed out down below!

If you would like to then follow on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitter, Bloglovin', or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day!

annie. 

Comments