How to Prepare for a Camping Holiday




From a very young age my parents have always taken us on camping holidays, and in a few weeks time me and my family will be off on our way across the country to Wales, one of our favourite holiday locations.

Camping is a lot of fun, especially if you enjoy being outdoors and are always up for a new adventure. I love spending all day in the sea, making a bonfire in the dunes, going for a walk on the hill. No matter how many times I have already been camping it will always have a place inside me. I know that camping is not for everyone, but personally I will always love the excitement it brings. Today I will be sharing 'How to Prepare for a Camping Holiday'.

As a lover of travelling I have not actually talked about it much here on my blog, so I thought what better time to start than now?


The first step is pretty obvious, and that is to research the location. There are endless options as no place will be exactly the same. This stage is all about deciding on the type of holiday, AKA, hiking, beach, or maybe even a mix of the two. Who are you going with? Do you have a budget? How many days will you be away? It's very important to know exactly where you will be going and the type of holiday you want.

What I like to do is look for youtube videos if there are any, scroll through location tags on instagram, and look at the surrounding area on google maps. If you wish to then at this stage you could even plan what you will be doing on each day. I personally do not do this though as I like the spontaneity of taking each day as it comes. It also helps a lot if you have already been to the campsite many times before, therefore knowing exactly what to expect.

I am sure that there are many online lists and resources, but at the end of the day it's all about your holiday and what you will need. Remember to think about the more easily forgotten items such as a lighter, kitchen roll, and washing up stuff. It's the small items that you are more likely to forget or lose, so another tip I have is to start laying out everything in a room in your house. We started doing this a few weeks before the holiday.

We always make sure to pack Uno Spin as well as a Frisbee for a bit of fun in the tent and on the beach, and we actually do end up using these quite a bit. A football would also be a good idea, as well as a bat and a ball, or even just a pack of cards.

I would also like to add that you should always bring a wind break, even if the weather looks like it will be perfect. In the UK it's is always best to be prepared for any weather that may come. The large Sports Direct bags are also great to pack, and can be used for storage inside if you have a large tent.


Next is the longest step, and that is to gather everything together, like the tent, sleeping bags, and any other items that are essential. What I always do is write a list so that way nothing can be forgotten. But always double check, as my brother forgot to put the frying pan in the car last year.

Linking to the first step, this is all about the type of holiday. If you're going hiking then you will need boots, rucksacks etc.. on the other hand a surfing holiday (my favourite) will require wetsuits, boards and the Magic Seaweed website saved to your bookmarks.

However it is also a great idea to bring much more than you will actually need. We tend to bring rucksacks and climbing gear with us, which for an adventure based holiday in Wales are pretty essential.

Although you do not need to plan each day out exactly, planning meals that you could have is a very good time saving idea. We tent to buy non-perishables such as rice, pasta and jars of sauce , coffee, jam, alcohol, and granola in advance as we know that the campsite has a very good shop we can buy milk, butter and other such items from.

You will also need to think about how you will cook the food. Me and my family use two trangias, (which are incredible), as well as a gas cooker that has two hobs and a grill. This set-up works really well to create actual meals, as there are four of us to feed. If there are only two people then you probably do not need as much, but again, just research the different option.

It is also a good idea to keep in mind that you will most likely end up buying a meal or drink from a restaurant, pub or cafe depending on where you are. So it is always a good idea to make sure that this will fit in with your budget at the planning stage.

The last step is to fill your vehicle up with stuff, tie any boards or bikes to the roof and enjoy your holiday! You really will have a great time so soak up that sun, (or rain), catch that wave, or cycle down that hill.

I hope that this post has been helpful in some way if you are thinking about a camping holiday, I definitely enjoy creating these more chatty posts. Also I am sorry if I have missed anything as I did ramble on a bit. I might also create some more specific posts such as a list of food, skincare, makeup or clothes in the future sometime. There will also most certainly be some holiday content soon, which I am really excited about!



If you would like to then follow on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitterBloglovin', or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day!

annie. 

Comments