Autumn Skincare Routine (for all skin types)


Over the past year I have really grown to love skincare. Moisturising used to be sporadic, I saw no use in my collection for a toner, and I did not start using a face mask regularly until November. My collection is still small, however I always find the time to use the correct products for my combination skin.

My skin is currently the best it has ever been, and that is all down to this routine, as well as the fact that I have stopped wearing foundation. Most often I will turn to my Makeup Revolution concealer and Collection loose powder, which seem to do the job perfectly.

Keep reading if you would like to find out how I am achieving soft, smooth, almost clear skin, that seems to glow now more than it ever did.


Morning:

The first product I will use in the morning is my Garnier Organic Lemongrass Detox Gel Wash. I really like that this has such a fresh zingy scent, as this makes it the perfect 'wake up' product for your skin. However, if I do not shower in the morning then I will skip straight to the next step.

I will then start my day using the Boots Expert Skincare Day Cream, which in simple terms is my moisturiser. No matter what your skin type is, moisturising is one of the most important steps. The last thing you want is to dry out your skin or cause it to produce more oil. This is also probably one of the easiest steps in any skincare routine. My moisturiser is not exactly fancy, however it really does do what it says.

Next is one of my favourite steps, and that it to spritz the Garnier Rose Mist all over my face. I LOVE the Garnier rose range, and this would have to be one of my solid favourites. This really does make my skin glow and it also seems to be lasting FOREVER. I picked my current one up sometime around July, and I have still have A LOT left. Adding to this point, I have been using it every single day.


Evening:

If it has been a day of wearing makeup then I will use the Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover, before using the Garnier Rose Cleansing Milk to remove my face makeup. My makeup always comes off so easily when I use these, and of course I am in LOVE with the rose scent.

I will then wash my face with the Garnier Organic Lemongrass Detox Gel Wash if I am having a shower in the evening, which is usually every day except my day off college and the weekend.

Next is definitely my favourite step, and that is to use the Boots Cucumber Clay Mask, which you only need to keep on your face for three minutes! I absolutely adore this fresh scent, as well as the way it really does leave my skin feeling and looking super smooth. My skin has been feeling and looking so much better now that I have added this into my routine. The tube may be small, but it really does last as you only need a small amount for each use.

My routine will end after I have taken the mask off, as the last step is to use my Garnier Rose Toner to leave my skin feeling even more soothed.


Summary:

Morning- Garnier Organic Lemongrass Detox Gel Wash
Boots Expert Skincare Day Cream
Garnier Rose Mist

Evening- Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover
Garnier Rose Cleansing Milk
Garnier Organic Lemongrass Detox Gel Wash
Boots Cucumber Clay Mask
Garnier Rose Toner

I hope that you have enjoyed this blog post or it has helped you in some way. I am by no means an expert, this is just what works well for me personally! However, if you do try out any of these I would love to hear how you do get on.

Also feel free to give my blog a follow for all things beauty, books, fashion, food, and lifestyle, as well as checking out my other social media below. x

Comments