How to Successfully Create Habits - 21 Day Morning Challenge


If you follow my instagram then you may have noticed that I have been taking part in the 21 Day Morning Challenge, along with other bloggers.

The aim of the challenge was to set ourselves some goals which after 21 days would *hopefully* become habits. I started the challenge on Sunday 11th August, finishing on Saturday 31st. Unfortunately I missed out on around 12 of the days due to my family holiday, however, in that time I was creating content, so it was not a complete fail.

If you would like to read a bit more about the challenge then you can check out my original post HERE

To sum up, I set myself five goals:

  • Running regularly
  • Create & share video content
  • Engage on social media more
  • Plan content in advance
  • Post more on Instagram stories

Overall, I feel that I have completed 4 of the 5 goals, (everything but running!), which I am pretty pleased with. My main aim of the challenge was to put a lot more focus on the content I was creating, wanted to create, and the planning of that content. As well as this I really wanted to boost the interaction.

The easiest goal was probably engaging on social media. It can be very easy to just skip past a post without commenting, however this challenge has made me stop and think. There really is some amazing content out there, and there is nothing I love more than taking the time to tell someone I love their photo, that their outfit looks cute, or how amazing their blog post is.

One of my favourite goals has been posting on my IG story more often. Not that it matters, but I have also found that this is the content I find most people tend to view. What I like is how short and simple a story can be, or that it could contain many words. There really is no limit. The option for interaction is also quite interesting, with polls and questions. This is an aspect I am still working on, but I am sure with time will improve!

During my holiday I was lucky enough to get some video clips that I have managed to edit into a 4 minute YouTube video, which was super exiting to post! I had A LOT of fun with this goal and I am already working on & planning more content that I could share. I personally watch far more videos than read blog post, as much as I love the blogging community! I have always enjoyed creating videos (which can be seen on my old Vivitar video camera haha!) so I am super happy that I have finally taken the plunge into YouTube.

Planning content in advance is another goal that I have been constantly working on. To achieve this I have been constantly adding to my list of content ideas, then planning what I could talk about if I write the post. I must be doing well as this goal because I already have Friday/Saturday's post ready to go up!

So to review, since getting back from my holiday in Wales I have been feeling very inspired to create better quality content. I am happy with how this challenge has developed my social media and I will for sure continue on as I am with these new habits. I am even planning to start up running again on my day's off college, which is twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday.


How to Successfully Create Habits

  • Set goals for yourself, they can be as big or small as you like, and write them down on paper
  • Commit yourself to achieving these goals everyday for 21 days
  • Keep track of your progress in a notebook or bullet journal
  • Do not stop, even if you feel like it, constantly think of new ways that you could adapt to achieve those goals
Thank you so much for reading this post! I hope that it was helpful in some way and that you have enjoyed reading it. I really enjoy creating 'lifestyle' based posts like this so give my blog a follow if that is what you are also into, as well as a bit of beauty, fashion, travel, food, and books.



Comments

  1. Yes! Awesome goals and way to go for getting to almost all of them! (Running is hard lol!) I think you're right about IG stories, I'm inspired to put more effort into mine now! 🙏❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And I love creating IG story content, fun, creative, simple, and effective. That's so great! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment