My AFFORDABLE Beauty Essentials for a Summer Glow EVERY DAY - Oily/Combination Skin


With the end of this long winter approaching I decided that I would share some insight on how I keep that natural looking summer glow all year round. With dark mornings it can be difficult, but I seem to have mastered the art, with a little help from some affordable products. 

I have also tried to keep this blog post full of products that are easily accessible online and in-store, here in the UK, through Superdrug, Boots, and brand own websites.

Whether you are after the glazed donut look, or if you prefer something that is more subtle, I guarantee that you will discover something of interest in this post.


SKINCARE

Garnier Skin Active Rose Soothing Cleansing Milk & Rose Soothing Toner & Rose Soothing Glow Mist

I have been using the products from this Garnier Rose skincare range for a while now, and I have to say, I have really noticed a difference in my skin's condition since applying the products in a regular routine. I will usually start the day with the rose mist and end the day with cleansing and toning. Despite the claims that these are aimed more towards dry and sensitive skin, my combination skin has came across no issues, making these products the perfect base any day, no matter the weather, sunshine or rain!

FACE MAKEUP

Collection Sheer Loose Powder, 2 Translucent

Firstly, can I just say that this powder seems to be lasting me FOREVER, as a light hand can really do wonders. For my combination skin this product especially seems to leave my skin feeling silky & smooth, helping to set concealer in place for the day. I usually just apply this to my T-Zone, down from across the forehead and down onto my chin, as too much powder I find can really dry my skin out. This product has definitely became a life saver (with an excellent price)!

Elf Fiji Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

Recently, this product has became one of my staples, with a gorgeous warm-toned bronzer and blush, as well as a handy mirror for easy application wherever you are. What I like is that this product can be easily layered, perfect for us with more pale skin, as well as when you want to look like you have just got back from a week in Bali.

Collection Contour Kit

Unlike the Elf product I just mentioned, this little palette holds a more ashy toned bronze, perfect for the more defined and contoured look. Again, this product will layer up very well, in addition to just on it's own. Throughout December this was my go-to, and I love that it holds a pretty pearl, shimmer,  highlight, great for a natural glow, well suited for school or work.

I Heart Makeup Blushing Heart in Peachy Pink Kisses

I feel like this is the only highlight I have talked about since I first started to blog back in Summer 2017, I just love it that much! This is probably the most highly pigmented highlight you can find in Superdrug, that will also last for a very long time, and double up as a blush on more tanned skin., with a trio of shades to pick from. Also, this is supposedly a dupe of the Too Faced Hearts, which I am yet to try. However, for the quality and price of this I Heart Makeup one I have no reason to try the original!

EYE MAKEUP

Helen É Shimmer Eye Powder 1

This little pot of powder is absolutely gorgeous for that inner corner shimmer, with tiny glitter that will truly make your eyes pop! This can be purchased online, and despite being a loose pigment, I just love how simple the application is with an angled liner brush, or base shadow brush if  you wish to be a bit less precise. This is a product that I would highly recommend if you're after that angelic eye glimmer.

Kiko Unforgettable Mascara

If, like me, you are after those long lashes that flutter like butterfly wings then this is the mascara for you, with a curved brush that prevents any clumps. This may sound too good to be true for a cheap mascara, but trust me when I say that this really is the best it gets! I honestly do not know what I would do if I had not purchased this at a student shopping night.

SAVE THIS POST ON PINTEREST FOR FUTURE INSPIRATION...


Thank you for reading this blog post, I hope that you have found it to be helpful and inspiring, particularly if you have discovered something new. If you feel there is anything that I have missed and would love to try then feel free to leave a comment below, as I am always up for new product suggestions.

If you like then you can subscribe by email to get notified every time I share a new post. You can also check out my other social media accounts and YouTube, which I have linked below, for all things lifestyle, beauty, fashion, food, fitness and books.


Comments