How to Really Stay Productive *at home as a student*


With the world's current situation many of us are having to continue with our work at home, whether it be school, college, or something else. I myself have had to continue with my college photography work, which definitely feels like more of a chore when I'm only at home, all the time.

Since getting back from Florence early March I have been at home, and it's safe to say during this time I have found out ways of being either very productive, or being the queen of procrastination.

In my opinion, it's all about the routine. I feel that as close as I stick to my regular routine the more productive I will be. For example, going to bed at half one instead of quarter to three am, (there are just too many good films & TV shows to watch). *cough cough*, definitely not guilty.

It may feel like one big holiday, but at the end of the day it really is not. There is no more simple way of putting it. If it was not for this whole COVID-19 situation, I would still be going to College, dance on Friday's preparing for our show, then kayaking on the weekend. I definitely miss going out of the house to do these things, however at the current state it is very important that we stay home as much as possible, so that we can *hopefully* get back to the old normal.

With all this being said, in today's blog post I will be sharing all my tips and advice on How to Really Stay Productive at Home as a Student.


Start the Morning Well

Once you have woken up, the last thing you need to be doing is to end up on Netflix watching that series you love, especially if you have lots to get done during the day. I find that to get the best start to the day once I have made my coffee (of course), reading even just one chapter of a book makes me feel much more productive and ready to get on with my college work.

Write a To-Do List

I may have mentioned this many times before on my blog, however this really is vital if you have more than one task to get done. To make this step effective yo need to ensure that you are being realistic. Don't just pile everything down, pick a few big tasks and then the rest can be small things. For example, a big task could be research for a project or writing an essay, and a small task could be putting your clean clothes away.

Keep Close to a Usual Schedule

This could be as simple as figuring out if you're more productive in the morning or afternoon, then including 10-30 minute breaks depending on how long you have been working for. If your tasks will cross over lunch time then give yourself the usual hour break. For my college work I have a weekly plan, this means that I know exactly what I will be doing each day and what I should have accomplished by the end of the week.

Music

Again, I have mentioned this many times before on my blog. I get very easily distracted if I'm listening to my favourite songs. Therefore instead, while I'm working I will open Spotify and listen to some Lo-Fi indie music, (basically no lyrics and just overall more 'simple' sounding).

Completing Tasks

The best part of the day is once all the hard work has paid off. For this time you could plan to do anything, but I often like to watch a film/series, do some baking, art, or reading. The list really does go on.

I hope that any other students out there have found some helpful advice here, and feel free to have a little scroll through my blog as I have many other posts on productivity and organisation.


If you like then you can subscribe by email to get notified every time I share a new post. You can also check out all my social media accounts which I have linked below, for all things lifestyle, beauty, baking, and fashion.




Comments