How I Organise Blog Posts & My Blogging Process


Happy Tuesday! 

More recently on my blog I have been sharing these 'blogging advice' posts, and I seem to have been really enjoying creating them. I am hoping to add a new post to this label at least once a month, but more if I feel really inspired.

Anyway, today I will be sharing 'How I Organise My Blog Posts', included in my overall 'Blogging Process'.


First I will create a list of ideas for possible post titles or subject areas, for example, blog advice as a subject, and songs I love as a post idea. If you are struggling for inspiration then I have a whole other post which you can read HERE. When I come up with one idea, I will try to come up with a few more ideas. I may not end up using them, and later think that they are terrible ideas, but it is always worth planning more than you actually need. At the time of writing this post I currently have around 12 ideas for this month, but I guarantee that will grow by the time this post is up.


Along with the planning I will draw up a mini calendar for the month so that I can see how well I have spaced my posts, along with their subject area, e.g food and lifestyle, then beauty, instead of beauty beauty beauty food. Of course this does not apply if you are specifically a food or beauty blog, I just like to mix things up a bit.

Next, I will write notes on what I should include in the post, for example my thought's on a product or book, a list of songs etc... These do not have to be neat notes, after all they are for my own benefit. By writing notes, I can make sure that there is nothing I have missed or anything more that I want to include. At this stage I will also make sure of the date that the post will go up.

After the planning, I will take as many pictures as I need, also editing them. I try to keep the editing to a minimal for my blog, but sometimes I like to have a bit more. For any editing I do I, I have been loving VSCO, as it has so many different options that are free to use. To create blog banners and pinterest graphics I have been using Canva, which I will talk about in more depth in a future post.


Next is my favourite part, and that is when everything comes together writing the post and uploading the pictures. I will save the post as a draft and read over it as many times to check for spelling and any other errors which there will most certainly be.

So that is the process I go through to create these posts, I find posts like this to be really insightful into the overall blogging community. Thank you so much for reading this post, I hope that you have enjoyed it and it has helped any fellow bloggers in some way. Feel free to leave a link to your blog below and I will be sure to check it out!

If you would like to then follow on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitter, or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day!

annie. 

Comments

Post a Comment