Mixed Spice, Fruit & Chocolate Cupcakes

This Autumn I just seem to be really enjoying baking, which is why I am sharing yet another recipe. These cupcakes have a deliciously sweet and spicy flavour, with a light and fluffy texture. This is definitely a recipe that you can customise, and add anything you like. I went with a mix of sultanas, mixed spice, chocolate, and some apricots, as this was what I had available to use. This may seem like a bit of an odd mix at first, but trust me, it really work. I have changed this slightly from my previous cupcakes, as I felt that the original recipe did not make enough to fill the cases properly.




Ingredients for basic cupcakes:
15g self-raising flour
150g caster sugar
1/4tsp bicarbonate of soda
150g unsalted butter
2 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
1tsp vanilla extract


Extras:
100g sultanas
1tsp mixed spice
50g white chocolate
50g dark chocolate

Oven- 180℃ (I have a fan oven for reference)

Start by mixing all ingredients, except for the milk, until combined. Then, add the milk and mix until smooth. Finally, add any extras, and fold them in until evenly spread through the mixture..

Distribute the mixture into a 12-hole muffin tin, lined with cupcake cases, and cook for around 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. It took my cakes closer to 25 minutes to fully cook.

Allow to fully cool if you intend to decorate with buttercream, or like I did, melt chocolate to put on. I then decided to cut up some apricots, to finish off.



 


Thank you so much for reading this post, I hope that you have enjoyed it. If you would like to check out my social media then its linked in the 'find me on...' page. I hope you have a good evening.



annie.

Comments