Updated Skincare *On a Budget*


Hello, I hope that you are having a great Tuesday! I was originally planning to write this post as a review of the skincare products I started using just over a month ago, (see here), however if you follow me on Instagram then you will have seen that I collected a little haul on Sunday. For this reason I have decided to combine reviewing with adding these new products in, to create a *hopefully* even better routine.

I was quite excited to try out the Garnier Rose products, and I will for sure talk about how I am getting on with them in around a month's time. I have also started using a face mask again, as I feel that it is a vital part of my routine, especially since I have combination skin. So although this is similar to my previous routine, it does include more of a range of products. I would also just like to say that all of these products are available at Superdrug or Boots, so you do not need to worry about a £30 moisturiser etc...



In the morning I will sometimes start by washing my face, before using the moisturiser, both of which are from the Boots expert skincare range pictured above. So far I have been really enjoying these products as they really do leave my skin feeling smooth, moisturised and ready for the day. When I do not wear makeup during the day I can definitely tell that this texture lasts, which is a huge bonus. There may not be a huge visual difference in my skin, however both products have done exactly what the label says, and I will definitely continue to use them.

As well as both of these I have been using the Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm, which I still love and use all the time. What I like is that this is much more natural than previous products that I have tried. The gorgeous, sweet smell is also a huge bonus. Sticking with sweet smells, the Nivea Raspberry Rosé Lip Butter is perfect when I want more of a pink sheen to my lips. This does have a slight sticky texture, but I find no problem with this, as just the smell alone is enough to convince me to use this product.


So this is the new part of my routine, which will take place at the end of the day, before I go to bed. I will start by using the Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover before then using the Garnier Rose Soothing Cleansing Milk to remove my face makeup. After this I will use the matching Garnier Rose Soothing Toner. To apply these products I will use the large, rectangular cotton wool pads, which are more effective than the small ovals. These can be found in the baby section of Boots/Superdrug most often. This is usually when I will have a shower, washing my face with the Boots Expert Skincare product I mentioned earlier. Next I will use my hands or a foundation brush to apply the Botanical Lab Turmeric Clay Mask, leaving it on for 15 minutes before I rinse it off. This is something that I will do once or twice a week depending on how my skin looks and feels. Lastly, I will apply my moisturiser.

I just thought that I would share a little sum up of my routine:

Morning- 
Wash face 
Moisturise
Apply Primer/Makeup

Evening- 
Cleanse
Tone
Wash Face
Face mask (once or twice a week)
Moisturise

This may seem a little more complicated than the previous routine, but I am hoping that it will work a lot better to improve my skin's condition. Because who does not want to look flawless with glowing skin?

Thank you so much for reading this post, I hope that you have enjoyed it and it has helped or inspired you in some way. Please do let me know what your favourite skincare product is!

If you would like to then follow on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitterBloglovin', or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day!

annie. 

Comments