September Round-Up: My Favourites & October Goals


The leaves are beginning to turn various shades of golden, orange, and red. Starbucks have brought back the famous Pumpkin Spice Latte, and my light board has now been changed to say 'spooky'.

Somehow the month of September has came to an end, October looming close, with all of its pumpkins, spice, and horror films.

I recently posted my Blog Goals for the Rest of 2019, so today I thought that I would share a little round up of September, taking about some of my favourites. The month may seemed to have flown by, however that does not leave out the chance to share everything that I have been loving, as well as a couple of my goals for October.

Favourites

First I would like to talk about a product that featured in my Autumn Skincare Routine (for all skin types), and that is the Boots Cucumber Clay Mask, which I have been absolutely LOVING since I discovered it. You only have to leave the mask on for three minutes and it will still leave your skin feeling smooth and soft. I have also noticed that my skin has cleared up a lot more recently, so if you'd like a more in-depth talk then check out my blog post linked above.

In my skincare routine I mentioned that I had stopped wearing foundation, instead reaching for my Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define in C1. Over the month of September I have manged to find a good makeup routine that is much less time consuming, and is healthier for my skin, as well as still looking pretty. I will for sure continue on with this more natural look, as I really am loving it! In October though I will probably switch it up a bit for the spooky season...

My next favourite is a book that I just recently finished reading, and that is One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus. I had heard A LOT of good things about this book on Instagram, and it is safe to say that the book did not disappoint. I would even go as far as saying that this is one of my favourite books ever! If you love YA fiction with a bit of mystery then I am sure you will love this. I am definitely looking forward to reading Karen's other book next, Two Can Keep a Secret.

My last favourite of September is curling my hair. I really love the way this simple style looks. It is also super quick which I love, as there really is no need for it to be perfect. I will probably make a separate blog post or video going more in depth about what I use and how!

October Goals

I recently purchased another sketchbook for the purpose of practising my drawing skills more often, which seems to be going well. Nothing in it is perfect, which is completely fine as it is mainly to practice and improve. My main art goal for October is to complete InkTober, where you are given a different prompt every day this month to draw something. I would love by the end of the challenge to see a noticeable difference in my art so we'll see how that goes!

Leading on nicely to my next goal... which is to think about more creative ways that I could make some money. I was considering something like making cards (with a pen/inky/watercolour design on then), or maybe canvas' to sell on Etsy, which would be a lot of fun! However I do know that first I need to come up with some design ideas and practice, practice, practice! 

Lastly, I would love to use less heat on my hair, especially since I have decided to go back to blonde, (which I am LOVING by the way), as it can be very damaging. I would also love for my hair to grow long, and be healthy at the same time. I recently picked up one of the Maui Moisture masks for chemically damaged hair, so I will be using that once or twice a week, which should also help a lot!

Thank you for reading this blog post. I hope that you have enjoyed it and I have inspired you in some way, as this has definitely been fun to create!

Subscribe to my blog for all things beauty, books, lifestyle, fashion, and food, and feel free to check out my social media accounts linked down below.

Bloglovin

annie.

Comments