How To Blog Regularly & Get Inspiration for Posts


When I was still new to blogging, and even throughout the last year I often left longer gaps between my posts. This was completely accidental, and I really did try to post often, but I seemed to find it quite difficult to come up with inspiration for posts. I have been blogging for almost two years now and I have been more consistent with my content uploads, and I feel a lot more inspired, with a growing list of ideas for future posts.



This inspiration can come from anywhere, but what I find helps best is immersing yourself in the community, by reading as many posts as possible. I use Bloglovin as it is such a great way to discover new bloggers and read posts from some of your favourites. I could list all the bloggers that I love here but this post would be significantly longer. Another way to find posts is by following blogger RT accounts on Twitter, which are full of posts from all different genres. Whether it's beauty, travel or even food, you're bound to find something that you enjoy.

As well as reading posts, if I see a picture I love, or read something that I particularly like then I will be sure to let the person know. When I started out this is something that I didn't often do, but now it's became such a habit. Even if it's just saying that someone's outfit looks amazing, everything helps. This point may seem a little random, but I have found that this does really help to inspire me, and like I just said earlier 'immerse me into the blogging community.'

However, inspiration can come from anywhere, Pinterest, some art you have seen or created, a new product you've tried, youtube videos, a book you have read or seen, or even music.

Once you have been inspired get some paper and just write down as many ideas as possible. You may think later that they are all terrible, but you will still take something from it. For example, you may not want to do a product review, however that could give you the idea to do a current favourites post.

It's all about coming up with ideas that will work for you, and that you would want to read yourself. Then you plan what suits the current season, or just get down a rough date that you would like it to go up.

You have to get the right balance between content quality and the frequency of your posts. Not every blogger will be 100% happy with all their posts. There may be pictures or phases that they would have done differently. This is only because they have developed and improved over time. This is the third blog I have created, so I know that similar to many other things in life blogging takes practice.

What find is that the more magazine articles and blog posts I read the happier I seem to be with my writing style and the quality of my posts, as I am immersing myself in all this content and creativity that then helps me in the long run.

When planning content, planning ahead is always a good idea, especially if like me you have deadlines or exams, or maybe even just a busy period at work. Not all of us are luck enough to have this as a full time job, meaning that we don't have all the time in the world to plan and create. However when I do have the time, most often I will at least spend a bit of time thinking about or planning content or ideas for my blog, or even just taking random photographs that may or may not become a post later on.

Lastly, I would just like to say enjoy it. I know this is very obvious and I should not even need to say it, but if you really cannot find any inspiration then remember why you started. For me I love the creative side of blogging, and just in general it's a big passion of mine. I love combining words and pictures that will either entertain, help, or even just cure someones boredom. If you don't enjoy blogging then there really is no point.


I know that this post has been a bit rammbly, (I don't think that is an actual word but oh well), however recently these are the posts that I have been enjoying reading the most. So when inspiration hit me I just had to write this post.

I hope that I have helped you in some way, and thank you so much for reading this post.

If you would like to then follow on Instagram or my Art InstagramTwitter, or Pinterest. I hope that you are having a lovely day!

annie. 



Comments